Is there anything better than a frozen treat on a hot summer's day? This childhood favorite will help the whole family feel cool and refreshed during a day of fun in the sun! All you need is a powdered lemonade drink mix, your choice of fresh berries, and a few other items you've already got at home. Read the recipe below to learn how to make it and how we created the gorgeous layered look!
Makes 2 servings
1/2 cup lemonade drink powder (we used Country Time)
1/2 cup water
3 cups ice cubes
1 cup fresh strawberries
1/4 cup fresh blackberries, blueberries, or both
Lemon slices or strawberry slices, for garnish
1. Mix lemonade powder, water, ice and strawberries together in a blender until combined. Stop to stir as needed until all the ingredients are blended and smooth. The mixture should be thick and spoonable.
2. Pour half of the slush into two glasses, leaving the other half of the slush in the blender.
3. Add the blackberries and/or blueberries into the remaining slush mixture and blend until smooth.
4. Layer the mixed berry slush on top of the strawberry slush. Stir a couple times with a spoon or straw to get a layered ombre look!
5. Attach a slice of lemon or strawberry to the rim of the glass for garnish. Enjoy!
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: easy frozen lemonade recipe, easy summer drink, easy summer recipe, easy summer treat ideas, frozen berry lemonade recipe, frozen lemonade recipe, frozen lemonade slushie, layered frozen lemonade recipe, ombre drinks, ombre frozen lemonade, summer treat