Happy Clogtober! To celebrate this month, we took a trip all the way to Sweden to give you an inside look at how our clogs are made. These clogs are the real deal - each shoe is lovingly handmade from Swedish alder wood and the finest Italian leather before being delivered to your closet. Take a peek inside the factories by watching the video below, then keep reading to discover the clog-making process step-by-step!
1. Local Swedish lumber is cut into rectangular blocks of wood.
2. Multiple blocks are placed simultaneously into a grinding machine that cuts and sands the blocks into the various shapes of each wooden sole.
3. From there, workers carve each wooden clog base to the specified shoe size, then sand each piece smooth. Every clog base comes from a single piece of wood.
4. The rubber soles are attached and the final shaping of the base is completed.
5. Wooden bases are delivered to the leather and finishing factory. Straps made from genuine Italian leather are patterned and cut.
6. Leather straps are then sewn together and fitted with buckles.
7. Leather straps are stapled by hand to the wooden base by factory employees that have been trained for years. Their precision and attention to detail in the creation process is amazing to watch! Every staple is placed precisely and deliberately to achieve the smooth, uniform look of the clog.
8. Heat, pressure and molding are then used to form the clog so it retains its shape.
9. Once completed, each pair is checked for quality and packaged for delivery.
10. The beautiful finished clogs are delivered to you!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: clog heels, clog sandals, clog shoes, clogs outfit, factory tour, MIA clogs, roolee store, shoe factory, swedish clogs