1. Set your intention as more than just losing weight.
True change doesn't come about from just wanting to change your appearance, restrict your diet, or look a certain way to others. Realize and draw motivation from the fact that fitness will change the way you feel, promote mental clarity, improve sleep, make you stronger and improve your health, as well as so many other benefits! Setting meaningful intentions and realizing that exercise is a blessing to an able body will greatly improve your mindset, and in turn, your results.
Shop this look: Interval Contrast Top
2. Find and follow motivational fitness accounts on social media.
Following a personal trainer or other motivational fitness accounts on social media will give you great workout ideas and inspiration at the same time! Many fitness accounts regularly post circuit workouts or other routines, as well as other tips and tricks that can help you set and keep goals. (For starters, check out our very own @clairaspackman!)
3. Set simple, short-term goals.
You'll be more motivated to keep your new year's fitness resolutions if you feel like you're achieving something regularly. Start small and simple, and set goals that allow you to actually recognize your progress, no matter how small. The achievement of many short-term goals over time amount to big success!
4. Once you create your workout or diet plan, stick to it.
There are a lot of different workout and diet regimens out there, but you won't get anywhere by jumping on every new trend. It takes time for your body to change, and it's easier to stick to a routine if you aren't switching things up every couple weeks. Get your plan set and stick to it to see and feel better results!
Shop this look: Cardio Colorblock Hoodie
5. Get the right amount of good, deep sleep.
A good night's sleep is just as important as any other facet of fitness! Giving your body adequate time to rest, recover, and repair the muscles you built during exercise is essential to seeing results and feeling ready to tackle the next day's routine. By prioritizing sleep, you'll be able to better see and feel the changes that a regular workout routine will bring.
Shop this look: Azure Sky Leggings
6. Stay accountable to a fitness buddy.
Upgrading a friend to a fitness friend makes working out so much more fun! Whether you get gym memberships together, play tennis together, or set a time every morning to take a walk around the neighborhood, staying accountable to a buddy will help push you to your limits and give you more motivation to stick to your new goals.
7. Practice patience and forgive yourself.
The reason why many don't stick to their new year's fitness resolutions is often because they get down on themselves. Rather than getting upset and allowing guilt to take over when you waver from your exercise or diet plan, thank yourself for doing your best and get right back at it. 2020 is going to be your healthiest year yet - you've got this!
Shop this look: Go-Getter Pocket Leggings
Shop all ROOLEE activewear here!
Share this post
- 7 comments
- Tags: 2020 fitness goals, 2020 goals, activewear, Activewear Clothes to motivate/inspire new year, Activewear goals for 2020, activewear pants, cute workout clothes, exercise goals, fitness inspiration, fitness motivation, fitness tips, Gym Clothes for Women, keeping fitness goals, New Year Fitness plan, new years resolutions, Women's Activewear Clothes, women's activewear tops, Workout clothes